Thursday, February 16, 2006

The apple of His eye

This totally struck me the other day as I was sat spending time with God...

In Zechariah 2v8b it says 'whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye'.
I thought and still think that is absolutely gobsmackingly amazing! I mean, WOW! This is the almighty God we're talking about here, and He is my protector - He says that whoever touches me touches the apple of His eye!

It's awesome.

I don't really think I can say anything else. It's pretty self-contained... but I will say this:
In Him I know I am safe, I know that I am secure. In Him I know I can let myself go and give myself up and lean not on my own understanding but on His supreme understanding. In Him I know I am protected, and in Him I know life will be the best that it can be so long as I remain in Him. With all of this, why would you not remain in Him?

No comments: