Saturday, August 19, 2006

B-e-a-utiful

Today was ace! (This is besides the point, but isn't 'ace' such a 90's word?!)

I met up with my very beautiful and amazing sister Han-Na in Birmingham where we went shopping, ate a Krispy Kreme Doughnut (and now, I can never eat another doughnut again under the pretence that it is a doughnut... it was totally AMAZING! I feel like I'd never tasted doughnuts before!), went shopping again (for about 3 hours) and then went to the sushi bar in Selfridges and ate sushi, drank miso soup, and were generally happy.

It has been so long since I saw Han-Na, it was really great seeing her again. I thank God that our relationship is such that we can pick up where we left off (I guess that you get to know each other pretty well when you share a room for over ten years) but today reminded me of how much better our relationship is when we invest time in each other. As I write, I feel challenged as to the friendships that I almost take forgranted because they have become so 'easy'. I'm going to invest more time into those friendships - I already know that these friends are worth it :-).

A truly b-e-a-utiful friendship is surely one where you know eachother so well that you don't need to invest so much time anymore, but do so because you both want to.

Today was b-e-a-utiful. I love my sister so much!

No comments: