Thursday, March 09, 2006

Solomon and the Temple

How awesome is this: Solomon built the temple.

That was the job assigned to him. The ultimate end was to build it. However within that, Solomon paid attention to detail - he performed his task with excellence.
We can so often do what God's telling us to do in general, and yet deviate from His plan when it comes to the details, but it changes the end result. I have been challenged to be more like Solomon and do everything (including the seemingly unimportant things) that God tells me to do even when I know that I could go towards achieving the ultimate aim without paying attention to detail. God is a God of excellence, and I am so thankful that He is! And nothing is unimportant to Him, even it may seem so to me. Solomon followed the plans that God had given for the building of the Temple.

What is it that you are building right now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow great post Ee-Reh. I've felt really challenged recently to concentrate on the detail of Gods plans. I pray that as God’s people we will be like Solomon, thorough in our understanding of His plans and not deviating from them!