Tuesday, March 14, 2006

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8v.28

We know... I know that I know that I know God. I know that I know that I know that He is a God of Love who loves me. I love Him. He is awesome... I know that He is true. He is undeniably true.

In all things God works for the good of those who love Him... that is not to say that things can never go wrong, or go badly when you are one of those who love Him. It is to say that as long as we submit our lives to God in all things, He will work for our good in all things (remembering that what we think is good is not always what is best). If we don't submit all things to Him, how can we expect Him to work for our good? In submitting all things to Him, we are submitting everything for His good, for His glory. When it is for His good and His glory, of course God will work it out for our good! If we put ourselves first, and don't relinquish things to God, our hearts are not such that God can work with. God wants our entire lives, not dribs and drabs of our lives.

If we submit our lives to Him for His glory, He cannot help but work our lives for good, because it means it is for His glory, and God knows that He is God, He knows that He must be worshipped, that He must be glorified. Woohooooo! How amazing is God?!

On a slightly separate subject, last night we had a wonderful time at worship practice. It was brilliant. We spent time in God's presence, and God showed us heaven, the clearest we'd ever seen. Personally I was wowed by God in that He told me to play what I saw, and that a song would come seeing what I saw afterwards, and Rhian sang exactly what I saw! It excited my yesterday, but today it makes me think - why was I surprised that God's word came to be? That is what He told me, and so why should I be surprised that it came? I think I was surprised that it came so quickly and promptly. But actually, we should we have to wait? If it is God's will that His words come to fruition now, we do not have to wait! But the awe of heaven remains with me still...
Last night really was a brilliant night. God is as brilliant today as He was last night. And we have yet to see Him in his full brilliance! Praise God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely True! There is no mission without submission. He makes our lives beautiful no matter what the circumstances and always works for the good of His children according to His will.