Monday, February 06, 2006

My Refuge

This is the dictionary definition of refuge:
1. Protection or shelter, as from danger or hardship.
2. A place providing protection or shelter.
3. A source of help, relief, or comfort in times of trouble.


'The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him' - Nahum 1v.7


The Lord is good, a protection or shelter, as from danger or hardship, in times of trouble. The word 'refuge' pops up around the Bible and as a word that is not so commonly used these days (well not in my vocabulary) I thought I should look it up and get a proper definition of what it means, and subsequently what it means God is.


God is a refuge in times of trouble. He is our Rock, which means we can stand on solid ground in times of trouble. Not only can we stand on solid ground sohuld we choose to do so, He is our protection and shelter also. He provides protection and shelter, we find it in Him. He is also our source of help, relief and comfort in times of trouble.


Personally for me, I can say that the Lord is my Refuge with more meaning now. We have so many adjectives for God, it's cool to have another noun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Eereh

I'm slowly discovering the blog world, and have just discovered yours. I'm impressed! Keep it up. Love Ju