Saturday, January 21, 2006

Reflections from last night...

Had a weird moment yesterday night when couldn't actually think about more than one thing at a time... so the whole multi-tasking thing went out the window and I had sort stuff out in my mind one at a time. I couldn't even think about a whole concept, but had to think about it step by step... It was very strange and I didn't like it very much, apart from when Becky and I were having Becky, Ee-Reh and God time, and I got a fresh revelation of how AWESOME God's Love is.
Firstly, we need to have more revelation of who God is, what God is, and how God is... I am totally GOBSMACKED at God. I'm awestruck, my mind is blown away, I'm love-struck.

My heart always softens when I see any couple who are old that are clearly more in love with eachother than when they first met. But I am loved more than that. God has loved me since before creation. With me in mind He created the world. But with the purpose of reflecting His glory. But He made the coolest way possible of us doing that. All we have to do is love Him. It isn't a complicated choice to love God, who has loved us since before creation. His love for us is simple yet profound, our love for Him comes out of a simple choice of accepting who He is, and and all that came from His love. God is Love. Without God there would be no love. Because of God's love I feel worthy (He has made me so). If my heart softens at the sight of an old couple in love with eachother, how can it not soften at a glimpse of God?

Jesus lives in me, and that means I can love as He does. My whole life, I want to become more and more like Him. I want people to be love-struck when they see me - not at me in myself, but at Jesus in me, and for them to meet with the Lord and Saviour of my life.

...and that torrent came from not being able to think straight. God really does work through every situation...

No comments: