Monday, January 16, 2006

Excited about Love

You know that when you love somebody, you can depend on them... Do you just depend on them a little bit? I mean, when you really love somebody... I don't even think about whether to depend on them or not. I'm confident in my dependence.

I'm reading through the Minor Prophets (I think I already said that on here) and am in Hosea, and today's reading was what I read on my A-Level Results day! It was pretty cool really, seeing as how I started my uni exams today... I proceeded to get really excited (and am still excited) about what I was reading. The verse that God really put on my heart that day was this:
Hosea 12v.6
"So now, come back to your God! Act on the principles of love and justice, and always live in confidence dependence on your God."
I read that verse, and rang up school to get my results. It was quite amusing really, having got them, I thought about going back to sleep but thought that was a bit cruel on my mum, so I got up and told her. I can live in confident dependence - not on myself, and not anything else - but on God.

Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world. Greater is He that is in me than He that wrote my exam papers. God's greater than all of that.

He has a plan and purpose for my life.

His will is better for me than my will.

In my weakness, He is made strong. The more I diminish, the stronger He becomes in me! I want to be weak enough for His will to be enacted in my life.

What I'm thinking about is this: What do I depend on? On whom do I depend? Is what I depend on dependable? Are the people I depend on dependable? I don't know about you, but when I depend on someone, I trust them, and I trust them with a lot of things. I trust them not to mess around in the relationship I have with them, I trust their words. I trust them, depend on them. Isn't that how friendship grows? But ultimately, where does my dependence lie? I'm not independent. To be independent is a sad and lonely place to be...

Ultimately, I depend on God. Ultimately, I trust God, because I can do so confidently. Why is that? Because His will is greater than mine. Because His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Because He chose me and has a plan and purpose for my life. (Same for you! GET EXCITED!) So this is it. I will act on the principles of love and justice and will always live in confident dependence on my God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited! hiya ee-reh its Naomi, i didn't know you had a blog, it's cool, nice colours. Keep it up xx

Gavin White said...

Great to read your thoughts and insights on the minor prophets, especially hosea which is an excellent book on the covenant love of God. At the start of this year, I heard Keri Jones speak on the importance of the minor prophets as they are books of 'restoration' and important for understanding this key issue and topic for the Church in our time in advancing the Kingdom of God - Gavin