Monday, January 30, 2006

Can't escape Him!

'Though they dig down to the depths of the grave, from there my hand will take them. Though they climb up to the heavens, from there I will bring them down. Though they hide themselves on the top of Carmel, there I will hunt them down and seize them. Though they hide from me at the bottom of the sea, there I will command the serpent to bite them. Though they are driven into exile by their enemies, there I will command the sword to slay them. I will fix my eyes upon them for evil and not for good.' Amos 9v2-4

The title to this blog makes it sound like a bad thing. That was entirely un-meant. In this passage, it is talking about the fact that for those in judgement, there was nowhere, no place for them to hide from God's judgement.

This made me think of the fact that should I go down to the depths of the grace, the Lord my God is there with me. Jesus is there with me. And that is not enough, He will bring me out of them. Should I try to climb up to the heavens, and become proud and arrogant, the Lord my God is there with me, above me, and will bring me down. Should I hide myself someplace remote, God is there to seize me, to bring me out...

Wherever I go, be it good or bad. Whatever situation I walk through, be it good or bad. Whenever, be it morning or night, be it when I am awake or asleep. He is there with me. I cannot escape His love (praise God!) and I have a choice to make: whether to let this amazing love, awesome love, fantastic and good love envelop me and change me, or to turn away from it and carry on trying to ignore it or hide from it.

I choose to revel in God's love. I choose to let His love envelop my every thought, my every movement, my every word. I choose to let Him shape and guide my life. My life is no longer mine but His. I gave it to Him over four years ago. And just as He gave His life that I may live, I give mine to Him that He might work out His plan and purpose. This is the best way to be.

No comments: